It’s not like we want to make you feel old. Nature is handling that for us. We’d just like to drive the point home…
10. Nirvana’s “Nevermind” is as old today as “Meet The Beatles” was when “Nevermind” came out
Go ahead, keep calling your parent’s music “Oldies.” By that logic… “Smells Like Teen Spirit” is an oldie.
9. Teletubbies turn 20 this year
Teletubbies debuted March 31, 1997 on BBC 2. Two whole decades ago.
8. Snoop Dogg is a grandfather
For shizzle. Snoop’s son Cordé Broadus welcomed a son of his own back in 2015 — Zion Kalvin — with girlfriend Jessica Kyzer.
7. High school freshmen have no memory of 9/11 (Because they weren’t born yet)
High school history classes are now teaching September 11, 2001 as a “before you were born” concept. Students have never known a world without a War on Terrorism.
6. All the members of Van Halen are eligible to collect Social Security
With Eddie Van Halen turning 62 this year, every original member of the band are eligible for Social Security retirement benefits. (In case you’re wondering, Sammy Hagar was eligible a long time go… he turns 70 in October)
5. The Karate Kid is now older than Mr Miyagi
Ralph Macchio, is now 55 years old. That means he is older than Pat Morita was when he played the old and wise Mr. Miyagi at age 51. Wax on, wax off.
4. Players entering the 2017 NHL Draft are not old enough to have seen Wayne Gretzky play
The Great One retired in 1999. The same year the 2017 draft class was born.
3. The Cosby Show kids are now as old as their TV parents
With the exception of Keisha Knight-Pulliam, who played Rudy Huxtable, all of the actors who played the Huxtable kids are the same age as Bill Cosby was when he played their father. Don’t worry, because Knight-Pulliam is now the same age Phylicia Rashad was when she played Claire Huxtable.
2. This also turns 20 in 2017…
The Notorious B.I.G. released ‘Life After Death‘ on March 25, 1997. All together now…
“B-i-g, p-o-ppa, no info fo’ tha, D-E-A….”
1. This is what Fred Durst looks like today…
Mr “I Did It All For The Nookie” is 46 years old. Seriously.